Budget Deficits & Supply Side Economics
- Waymaker Module: Policy Application
- James D. Gwartney, “Supply Side Economics“
Video Lecture Clips:
- Supply Side Economics/Reaganomics
- What’s Wrong with Budget Deficits – Part 1
- What’s Wrong with Budget Deficits – Part 2
- Bruce Bartlett, “Supply Side Economics: Voodoo Economics or Lasting Contribution.”
- Planet Money: The No Brainer Economic Platform
LEARNING OBJECTIVES FOR TOPIC 11:
- You should be able to explain how budget deficits affect the economy in the short run and the long run.
- You should be able to explain the importance of the crowding out effect on the deficit “problem”.
- You should be able to explain the fundamental characteristics of Supply-Side Economics, and differentiate them from other schools of thought.