How to Use Twitter

As mentioned on the “How This Course Will Work” page, twitter plays an important role in this online course.  Twitter will be the location of the regular, daily conversation about this course. All assignments (other than the Waymaker module quizzes) will be announced first on twitter.  I will be on twitter daily to make announcements, tweet interesting things I find, and follow the class conversation.  You should plan on making a minimum of one tweet per week, though I hope you will do more.

Nearly every political or economic organization, or media outlet has a twitter feed.  Find one that looks interesting to you.  Follow that feed.  Tweet out what feed you are following, so we each follow something different.  I follow @TheEconomist.

• When the organization you follow has an interesting tweet, retweet it using the class hashtag #ECON201online .
  • If you draw a connection between your retweet (or an original tweet) and our Visual Syllabus or the Course Outline, you’ll earn double points.
  • If you draw a connection between your retweet (or original tweet) and the topic we are currently studying in the Course Outline, you’ll earn double points.
  • If you tweet an answer to someone else’s question (from the class), you’ll earn double points.
  • Always remember to include the class hashtag in your tweets.  Otherwise, you won’t get credit for them.