Assignment 1: Personal Video Intro

This is your initial homework assignment for our online course.  The purpose of the assignment is for you to create a short (1 to 2 minute) video introducing yourself to the class, similar to the one I made (Video 1).  If you have a webcam, or even a smart phone, this is easy to do, at least for anyone under the age of 30.  😉  Either post it to YouTube.com orVimeo.com and send me the URL, or you can send me the video itself and I’ll post it.  (If you have a reason for not making your video public, let me know and we can put a password on it.)

Your video should answer the following questions:

• What is your name?  (What would you like to be called?)
  • Where are you from?
  • What was your favorite subject in high school?
  • What is your major at UMW, or what majors are you considering?
  • What hobbies do you have?
  • What is something special about you?  Are you, for example, the first person in your family to go to college?  Are you an athlete?  Do you speak a foreign language?  Have you traveled abroad?  Everybody has something special so what’s yours?
  • What experience do you have with social media like Facebook, blogs, twitter, etc?
  • Have you taken an online course before?  If so, what was the course and what was the experience like?

Before you video yourself, write out your script, and email me a copy.  (That’s the essay part of this assignment.)

If you have questions about any of this, tweet them to get an answer.

Try to get your video done as soon as possible, but no later than Sunday night.